Drug Discovery Strategy
We developed a comprehensive strategic roadmap for a large life sciences company seeking to solidify its drug discovery business.
- The client had been a historical leader in high-throughput screening, an area that had seen some declines.
- The client also had a strong portfolio of cell-based assays and imaging technologies.
- The client needed a strategy that allowed it to leverage its existing strengths, but let it participate in newer, genomic-based discovery approaches.
Critical Questions to Address
- What are the major trends in drug discovery today?
- What unmet needs exist and how can we address them?
How will we be positioned relative to competitors?
What should the portfolio look like?
Health Advances Approach
- Detailed segmentation of the drug discovery market, growth rates, and relevant tools
- Completed in-depth interviews with client personnel, end-users and industry KOLs to understand current product usage, gaps in technology, and identify new opportunities
- Overlaid opportunities with current capabilities to identify gaps
- Developed recommendations and acquisition strategy to fill key gaps
- Identified key opportunities for company to develop leading positions
- Preliminary diligence to vet potential acquisitions
- Developed 3-5 year acquisition strategy
- Several transformational deals already completed