Last updated on December 17, 2020.
Health Advances values the privacy of personal information. California residents have the right to receive notice of the personal information collected about them and the purposes for which we collect this information. Accordingly, this notice is to inform you of the data collection practices related to personal information when engaging with Health Advances.
Health Advances collects information that you provide directly. We may also collect information from third parties such as publicly available sources such as websites, databases, and legal documents, referrals, our parent company, information subscription services such as online news services or databases, association memberships, conference and program information, government-operated businesses and data sources, social media such as LinkedIn, purchased email and marketing lists, or from our clients. The categories of Information collected may include:
- Identifiers such as your name and contact information;
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law, such as your gender and age
- Expert or client records such as professional background, biography, employment and education history and banking and payment information;
- Health-related information when participating in patient interviews
- Geolocation data;
- Audio, visual, and electronic information;
- Internet or other electronic network activity including session cookies and information regarding your interactions with our website;
- Inferences drawn from any marketing subscription preferences and background information; and
- Sensitive information including your financial information, citizenship status, social security number, or other government issued identifier but only where we have first received your express consent.
Health Advances also collects non-personal data and anonymous information from users to be used in an aggregate fashion. For example, Health Advances may collect system-related information, such as browser type and operating system type, to be used for system administration purposes, to help diagnose problems with our servers, to monitor traffic patterns, to determine which services are used most frequently, and to assess site usage. This information can and will not be used or combined with other information in a way that could identify an individual user.
Health Advances may collect and use your personal data for lawful purposes including:
- Evaluating your personal data to determine which research opportunities are most relevant to your level of expertise and using it to contact you and invite you to participate in these opportunities;
- To schedule and record interviews;
- Processing honorarium for participating in research opportunities;
- Verifying your location and banking information;
- Predicting algorithms and strategies for our clients;
- Confirming you are not on any sanctions lists;
- Maintaining compliance with transparency laws and various global regulations;
Social media promotion;
- Providing you with the information you requested;
- Inviting you to events, or sending you marketing materials about our services such as newsletters and blog posts;
- Business development purposes including proposal writing, project work with clients, and generating contracts, and other business-to-business (B2B) communications
- Evaluating new third-party service providers;
- Analyzing website traffic and activity and improving our website; and
- To monitor and improve marketing mailings.
We regard all personal data that we collect as confidential and use this information to fulfill our obligations to our research, clients, and to keep you informed of changes and progress at Health Advances.
Presently, Health Advances does not sell and has not sold any personal information for monetary value in the past 12 months, nor do we intend to sell, rent, or share your personal information with third parties that are not affiliated with or providing services to Health Advances. You may opt-out of the sharing or disclosure of your personal information to any third parties by visiting our Notice of Right to Opt Out of the Sale of Personal Information page.
For more information on how your personal information may be used, please visit our Privacy Statement.