Ongoing healthcare system changes are requiring hospitals to reassess outreach as well as overall laboratory business models and strategy. The critical issues facing hospital labs today are unprecedented in scope and reach far beyond the lab itself to affect entire hospital systems.
Health Advances can help to evaluate multiple strategic options including:
- Outreach divestiture, joint ventures, or establishment of freestanding independent subsidiaries
- Expansion of services and market access
- Adoption of emerging technologies and achieving optimal reimbursement for tests and services
- Lab structure optimization during healthcare system expansion or changes including ACO or IDN formation
Health Advances brings extensive experience and diverse perspectives to develop optimal lab strategies:
- Our clients and industry relationships cover the entire diagnostics industry, from labs to IVD vendors to payers
- We have deep knowledge of all testing disciplines, including clinical and anatomic pathology, molecular testing, and emerging technologies
- We have identified optimal approaches for community and academic hospital laboratories, specialty laboratories, and general reference laboratories
View our Hospital Lab Strategies case examples.