Medtech Platform Technology
Our project team assessed the opportunities and hurdles for a novel mechanical thrombus ablation device across multiple indications.
- The use of mechanical thrombus ablation varies across indications.
- The availability of alternative procedures and the differences in clinical outcomes results in different degrees of unmet needs and pricing opportunities in each application.
- The client asked Health Advances to assist in prioritizing the development of the applications.
Critical Questions to Address
- What are physicians’ views of mechanical ablation (including the current state of clinical literature supporting use) across indications relative to other methods for managing thrombus?
- How do the unmet needs compare across indications and impact the potential pricing and adoption?
- What is the market potential and hurdles to adoption for each potential indication?
Health Advances Approach
- Segmented and sized the relevant market segments through primary and secondary research.
- Conducted a thorough clinical literature review and an extensive interview program with community physicians and KOLs to assess each indication and clinical data required to catalyze adoption.
- Reviewed the system economics for each indication to estimate potential value-based technology price points.
Prioritized the development of each indication based on market potential while considering the cost and time required to develop compelling clinical data to drive market adoption.